2016 Latinitas Austin Program Club Leader
Hourly Wage: $10 - 12
Time Commitment: 5 days a week,
Looking for a rewarding experience while developing your professional skills? Latintias Austin is looking for self-starters who are able to work independently with Elementary and Middle School girls. Program leaders deliver lessons in writing, blogging, photography, web and graphic design, video game and app development focused on themes such as self-esteem, identity, college attainment, healthy living and more.
Latinitas is seeking women who have excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should be organized, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and proactive. We are looking for someone who is able to work independently as well as part of a team. Experience working with children preferred. Bilingual volunteers are encouraged to apply.
This position is recommended for college students or graduates with majors like journalism, radio-tv-film, cultural studies, communications, social work, or education with interest or experience in digital media production, technology development and cultural literacy.
Program leaders implement Latinitas weekly after-school media enrichment clubs at local elementary and middle schools where girls can build confidence through media and technology.
Our clubs serves girls ages 9-14 and focus on encouraging girls to build confidence through creative multimedia expression. Girls in our clubs will participate in hands-on activities such as writing, media literacy, photography, filmmaking, blogging and other more techy projects such as video game design, app creation and more. Our clubs connect girls with positive role models and encourage girls to express themselves in a safe and supportive environment.
- Digital media, technology and cultural literacy education
- Mentors youth, encourages positive team environment and serves as a role model
- Leads team-building and confidence-boosting activities and games
- Develops and implements activity ideas for Club Latinitas
- Organizes field trips, special events & projects as needed
- Reports twice monthly for staff trainings, mandatory staff orientations in Fall and Spring
- Communicates school officials on Latinitas program updates
- Follows safety regulations and emergency procedures, responds to critical incidents, performs routine first aid tasks, and ensures well-being of campers
- Abides by all Club Latinitas rules and regulations, enforces them among campers, and applies appropriate behavior management techniques
Applicants will need to send a resume to austin@latinitasmagazine.--